1.12.2011

Snowed further In

The MEGAstorm of 2011 has already hit, so I'm having a surprise freelance day, tying up loose ends (mostly tax-related fun) and digging into some long and short-term projects.

I didn't make many specific resolutions this year, but chief among them is to break into publishing. I want more work in magazines, in text books, and I want to start inching towards real, live picture books.

To that end, I've sent out a stack of mailers:


Here's the original illustration, combining all the things I feel confident with (color, oddball animals, pattern, and line weight):


I really enjoyed doing a holiday themed mailer. I think it will be a good introduction as I continue to send cards and portfolios throughout the year.

So, anyone else feeling like they're off to a good start on their resolutions?

No comments: