12.19.2010

Providence Monthly Stories

More editorial work, this time for Providence Monthly.

These were four vignettes about Providence nightlife, including salsa dancing and Scrabble nights!

(The only beer in my fridge was a lone bottle of Harpoon, so I used that as reference. The labels are so nicely designed!)


This was for a piece on Sound Session, a music festival in Providence every summer. The festival is always fun, but there was some drama in managing it this year, so I depicted the "aftermath." Drawing the Providence skyline was quite fun, and made me a little nostalgic for RISD.



And this is a companion spot for the same article. I also had a sketch of a squirrel in a Mardi Gras mask, but I think the idea of a pigeon at a rave (or right afterward) is distinctly winning.

No comments: