3.12.2008

Stories About Animals

I'm gradually getting into the swing of Spring Semester and liking all four of my studios. I'm taking a watercolor course, a portfolio studio that's essentially an independent study (I'm doing young adult illustrations for that), a class on licensing where I can draw graphic and adorable animals to my heart's content, and a class called Cover to Cover which is all--surprise!--book covers.

I'm really liking Cover to Cover; the range of books we're tackling is really wide, including a couple of comics. Here are the first two:



Moby Dick, in watercolor and gauche.



Animal Farm, digital printed on Reeves BFK with china marker. (If I'd had time, I would have screen printed this, but the piece got a great reaction in crit.)

As always, more to come.

2 comments:

Ditaur said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

Ali Blackwell said...

Good job on Animal Farm!!! And Josh too... Both of them were sweet effing covers.