2.20.2008

What I did for my summer vacation (part 2)

My other major project for Merida (besides the usual intern tasks like assembling three dozen sales binders) was to use existing rug designs to develop patterns for greeting cards. Every pattern was created in Illustrator and I'm really thrilled with how these came out; the sales reps for the company are already using them for correspondence with clients.

They wound up printing five designs in four colorways each. Here are the cards and the designs that inspired them:















The final thing to come out of the internship--and this was suggested but it was still a surprise to see arrive in the mail--were two notebooks using variations on two of my card patterns.





The blue one, based on a poor-quality photo I saw of the rug that inspired it, is probably my favorite pattern and colorway of the series.







The best part about these notebooks is the huge production quality. They're printed on recycled paper with matte covers. Merida is a fairly green company, and I'm so happy that they gave me the opportunity to create so much work and then produced in such a high-quality and responsible way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.