1.23.2007

Getting into the swing of things

As penance for being neglectful--even if no one's reading this, I should be making and drawing, consarnit--I bring (a) knitting, (b) giddiness, and (c) promises.

A)


This is a binkini from a pattern in Stich 'n Bitch I made last wintersession, featuring a modified design by R. Stevens of Deisel Sweeties fame. The yarn has lycra, so it's soft and stretchy, but I haven't really had occasion to wear it. That said, it's one of the most fun things I've ever knit.

B)


This weekend, I finally got to the Natural History Museum in New York, rekindling a dormant love for the noble apatosaurous. If I have time, I may start making skeletons in Sculpey.

C)
This week I bought a new sketchbook. Even though I try not to put the importance of supplies over skill and effort, I feel a little more impetus to draw outside of class in my classy, near-watercolor-paper sketchbook. I've also started a new knitting project. Beyond the red sweater I've been fretting over since Christmas, I needed something a little faster and more exciting. I've started a pair of black cabled leg warmers (yes, yes, I'm a hipster, a little) which should be done by the end of this week.

More coming shortly, and this time I mean it.

No comments: