2.19.2008

What I did for my summer vacation (part 1)

I finally had some free time during a sort-of sunny day to photograph some things, including the work I did for Merida over the summer. Five decks of these finally came in the mail a few weeks ago:



These are playing cards I designed from start to finish; each card has a pattern from Merida's Viewpoint Collection, and each suit represents one of the four sets within the collection. They're going to be handed out as promotional items at trade shows.




Every card was done in Illustrator and is symetrical like a commercial playing card. The company had them printed by a service, so they look really great.



These are my two favorite cards, along with the informational card included in each deck. Since the rugs are all wool, I made the Joker a sheep (the King, Queen, and Jack show the process of designing and making a rug). And one of the designs from the Kids' Viewpoint Collection is called Eloise. I take it as a sign.

No comments: